Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Getting Ready

So, it’s update time.

Stage one (this website) is complete. And now, with Christmas done, it’s time to start Stage two. Stage two is pretty simple, at least on paper. I need to go through my logs and journals and find all my story ideas. I’ll separate out all the ones that sound like they could make good short stories (as opposed to ones that are definitely a novel) and then organize them into the order I want to write them in. I am hoping to get some basic outlining done on at least a few of them as well, to help me get through them faster when I go to write.

I’ve started looking through the notes I have already, and I have to say that some of these ideas are just plain bad. However, if I can’t come up with 52 story ideas, I may just be using some of these. In fact, I might just use some of these ideas early, just to get them out of the way. After all, the idea is to “get out the junk.”

That said I have a new distraction that I received for Christmas that’s going to be tough to over come and focus on writing. That would be my new Complete Farscape box set. I am super excited about this. I love that show, and am looking forward to watching all 88 episodes, probably at the rate of about 2 or 3 a week. I have a feeling that it will affect my story ideas. We’ll see.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great holiday (whatever you celebrate), and that the New Year is a good one for you! I’ll see you all next week, on day 1 of week 1, January 3rd!

-Christopher Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment