Sunday, January 17, 2010

Story Number 2

So, I finished Story 2. Just. I realized about Wednesday that I didn’t like this story, but by then it was too late to stop and do something else. But, better a story I don’t like than no story at all. So, I pushed myself to finished it. And in that, I am grateful, for even though this story isn’t as good as the first one is, the fact that I finished it is an accomplishment. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve started stories and then didn’t finish them because I thought they sucked. I mean, it feels good to follow through on something. And hell, maybe there’s something salvageable in this story, and I can re-write it later. In the mean time, hopefully it’s an enjoyable read. See you all next week!

1 comment:

  1. Well, the exercise is about getting the junk out, right? So it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be.

    ReplyDelete