Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week 9!

All right, the first story of the third month! I'm excited!

This week's story is a science fiction story about tolerance of others. I hit on the idea of writing this one when I was going through some old RPG notes and folders. A side project I'm working on is converting an old West End RPG called Torg to the Savage Worlds rules set. Honestly, I can't think of a game setting better suited to Savage Worlds than Torg. But, I digress. While looking through my Torg notes, I ran into some notes and a partially hand written story. It started with someone speaking a single line.

"I hate this planet."

I read through my notes and what I had written, and knew this was what I wanted to do this week. According to my original idea, this was supposed to have an attack by some prisoners that were previously unknown to be on the planet, but I realized while writing that part that it was wrong. The conflict came from two of the characters, and the prisoners were an extra conflict tat only confused things. So, I found a better way to end the story that I liked much better.

Anyway, enough rambling, time for the story! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment