About Me

My photo

Husband, father, and writer working on a short story project and submitting my novel, The Windsmith, to agents.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week 9!

All right, the first story of the third month! I'm excited!

This week's story is a science fiction story about tolerance of others. I hit on the idea of writing this one when I was going through some old RPG notes and folders. A side project I'm working on is converting an old West End RPG called Torg to the Savage Worlds rules set. Honestly, I can't think of a game setting better suited to Savage Worlds than Torg. But, I digress. While looking through my Torg notes, I ran into some notes and a partially hand written story. It started with someone speaking a single line.

"I hate this planet."

I read through my notes and what I had written, and knew this was what I wanted to do this week. According to my original idea, this was supposed to have an attack by some prisoners that were previously unknown to be on the planet, but I realized while writing that part that it was wrong. The conflict came from two of the characters, and the prisoners were an extra conflict tat only confused things. So, I found a better way to end the story that I liked much better.

Anyway, enough rambling, time for the story! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment